quarta-feira, janeiro 14, 2004

Emptiness - Of course I realize that not everyone could leave on the same day. People have different plans, some have to travel a long way to finally arrive home, and planes are not enough for all of us. However, I honestly didn’t expect to see a lot of us leaving before the last weekend. It was supposed to be the big party, the ultimate goodbye.

Instead, it was a depressingly empty environment. Wandering around the corridors and remembering how they once used to be filled with people from all over the world. In my last two Guesthouse nights, I had only two of my twenty one floor mates with me.

The feeling first invaded me when I met Nina to say goodbye. It was something like two o’clock and she was about to leave for Amsterdam. And somehow, the words I feel left behind found their way out of my mouth. Because that’s what happens to you when you see all the others leaving and you’re staying. Knowing what I now know, I would probably had done the same and left earlier.

And it just got worse when I realized how some of us get kicks out of destroying and trashing things. Sad is the word that pops up in my head each time I remember the C-Building’s entrance, flooded, looking like a polluted pond. The sort of memories you just don’t like to keep. Even thought they are also a part of the whole experience.