sexta-feira, janeiro 16, 2004

Feeling different - Someone told me I would notice things differently. But you never know what to expect exactly. Take me, for instance. I would never expect to enter Lisbon’s airport car park and feel something strange in the license plates. Of course, for four months, I almost only saw yellow ones.

This was just the beginning. The streets looked different, the places seemed to have changed, my room and my bed felt strange, especially when I woke up the first night, and people were no longer the same. Even though I knew that the streets, the places, my room and bed, people are all the same, they didn’t look so to me.

It didn’t last long. Only a few days. The normal routine returned and everything was normal and back on track again. But, even though my surrounding world is the same, I do feel different. My eyes now use other perspectives to see things, to analyze, to evaluate. As if I underwent some sort of spies training.

I guess a part of me actually grew up out there.